Re: Motorcycle fork oil in lever shocks (was TR-3A - Rear shockabsorber

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motorcycle fork oil in lever shocks (was TR-3A - Rear shockabsorber fluid)
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:08:13 -0800
   Most respondents to my question about what oil to use for topping up
TR-3 rear shocks recommended motorcycle fork oil.  Sounds like a good idea.
 They suggested draining the old fluid first.
    A few also noted that it was possible to choose the viscosity of the
fork oil.  I'd like to firm them up by using 30 or 40 weight, as
recommended, but am concerned that it would increase the stress and strain
on the shock absorber internals.  Optional heavy duty shocks were offered
for the TR-3, which might indicate that messing with the regulars was
courting problems.
    Any further thoughts?
Thanks.
    John

    Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan