Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3

To: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:14:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Maybe I have a tip for you, to take some of the #@#%%^@ of adding oil in
your transmission.

Why not use an empty squeezable hand cream bottle with a flip top opening
(or something similar).  Clean it, fill it up with GB oil, remove the plug,
aim and squeeze.  IMHO, it's less trouble than converting a grease gun.

Maybe someone already tried it and can share his comments.

Unless I hear otherwise, that's what I will do when I get to that point. (a
few years away!!! ;-) ).

BTW, I got that idea from souvenirs of my dad filling up the "foot" of the
outboard motor of his boat.  The grease/oil came in a squeezable tube
looking like a giant toothpaste tube with a tapered end.

Hope this helps

Steph
'71 TR6 (Engine out and stopped counting the boxes!!!)