Chrome or Painted Wire Wheels - any recommendations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome or Painted Wire Wheels - any recommendations
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:56:59 EST
List,
I have been following the thread on wire wheels carefully on the digest as I
am planning a conversion to wire wheels this year.  My question is whether
there is any significant advantage to chrome over painted wire wheels. Is
this a cost issue only or is there some long term maintenance advantage to
chrome?  In my particular situation, I will be using them on a 1976 TR6 that
is used only for pleasure driving, maybe a couple of thousand miles per year,
and is garaged and covered the remainder of the time.  Any advice or personal
experience would be welcomed.  If I get a number of replies offline, I will
summarize the comments for the list.  As always, thanks for the advice and
counsel.
David Gill
1976 TR6