Re; slow overdrive

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re; slow overdrive
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:30:19 -0500
Paul writes:

>List,

>My 74 TR6 PI has a bit of an overdrive lag. When I engage the overdrive,
>it takes a while to change up - anything up to 30 seconds. Coming down
>is more or less instant. Since this is when it is usually important, I
>am not too worried at the moment, but I am interested in what the list
>thinks I may be in for long term. I guess it is taking a while to build
>up the pressure to move - anyone else had this trouble?

>Paul

Paul,

Not 30 seconds.  It is typical for 1/2 to one second.  Once it kicks in
does
it stay in?  If so then the problem may be a flow restriction in the
hydraulic
circuit.  Could be as simple as low trans oil level.  Or a clogged filter
screen.  Or there might be some debris in the passages.

The first two are easy to fix and don't involve removing the transmission

Good luck

Dave