Car Stereo headphone jack

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Stereo headphone jack
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:18:11 -0800

I am planning on installing a 1/8 headphone jack in the TR6.  We have already
looked at and eliminated using some type of portable stereo player.  The idea
here is to plug into the new Sony player recently installed where the original
radio sat.  I've picked up a female jack plug from the local computer parts bin
and now have a question for you fellow list members:

How can I determine the tip and ring connectors?  The plug has 3 tabs with a
hole in each end into which I think the speaker wires are attached.

The each speaker wire has a + and - lead.  Do the ground leads share the same
tab on the stereo plug?

Any help from someone who had BTDT would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR 6 CP51649