electrical problems again

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical problems again
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:00:10 -0800
Hello all
I put my electric fan in today and started the car up.  This was the first
time I started the car since I installed the new wiring harness.  Everything
is connected properly.  I am still having a problem with my generator.  This
was the reason I installed a new harness to begin with.

Evertime I drove the car the ammeter would show a steady increase when
accelerating.  The not so normal part was that it would keep going all the
way to max (30 amps) at about 3500 rpm.  Since the PO had rewired the car
using the same color wires it was hard to tell if he had maybe wired
something incorrectly so thats why I installed the new harness.

That didnt solve my problem so I took out my generator to see if there was
anything obvious.  Heres my question
The smaller post ("F" I believe) was bent and touching the commuter end
bracket where it came out.  Is this connector supposed to be centered in the
rectangular hole?  Mine is no where near centered and pretty much butts up
to the side of the hole grounding itself.  Would the connection being
grounded the way it was cause the problems I had?  Seems obvious but just
wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks
David