Re: Miata Z3 on Ebay???? non-LBC

Subject: Re: Miata Z3 on Ebay???? non-LBC
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:31:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Oh, I don't know.  A little searching on Auto-trader shows that bottom
price on a used Z3 appears to be around $30K right now, while 1991
Miata's can be had for under $6K.  I'll bet a Miata with front end
damage goes for even less.

$5K for fiberglass pieces, $4K for DIY labor (200 hours @ 20/hour), $1K
for tires, wheels, emblems, etc.  I'd say that Miata conversion is worth
just slightly over half of the real thing.

Not to mention that it's a lot easier to buy a $20K car and wait until
it's paid off to start modifications, than to buy a $50K car to begin
with ...

Randall