Herald gas tank removal

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald gas tank removal
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:46:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

<Would somebody...anybody please tell me what is keeping my Herald 1200's>
<gas>
<tank in the boot?  I have taken loose the four bolts and the gas line at
the>
<top of the Main/Reserve switch.  In the mean time, Herald sits in a
parking>
<lot, it's cold here in Georgia, and I'm tired of guessing.>

The tank on my Sports 6 (Vitesse) was a very tight fit. If you have a later
Herald with the larger tank it's likely the same.  For me the keys were:
1) Remove the rubber body to filler neck seal to make extra space.
2) Remove the threaded plug in the drain to decrease the amount the tank has
to come up before it could be moved laterally.
With both of these done it goes in and out rather easily without tank or
body damage.
Dan Elder