TR-3A - Adjustable steering wheel question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3A - Adjustable steering wheel question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:13:04 -0800
    The steering wheel adjustment collar on my '60 TR-3A is stuck.  I'm
dousing it with penetrating oil, but want to be certain which way to turn
it to loosen it.  If I'm sitting in the car facing forward, I assume I turn
it counter-clockwise to loosen it.  Is this correct?
    I've only seen illustrations of the fixed steering wheel arrangement,
never the adjustable.  Can anyone reference an illustration of the
adjustable steering mechanism?
    Has anyone on the list had success in loosening a stuck adjustment collar?
    Thanks.
John Cowan

    Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan