Re: TR6 PI fuel smell in trunk

To: "Ian Viles" <ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR6 PI fuel smell in trunk
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:17:44 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Ian
I can't recall whether the pump is in the boot on the TR6, if it is have you
checked the telltale from the pump-motor adaptor to see if there are any
signs there, also it has been known for the fuel tank sender units to start
weeping if they are knocked or the tank flexed by a load carried in the boot
(I have had both of these on my 2500PI) also check the breather tube
actually goes out through the boot floor.

HH Graham.