Re: YOUR CARS

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: YOUR CARS
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:30:07 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hmmmm.

Slow day. I'll bite. Here's some info on cars I've owned/still own.

Car               Year of Manu.  Eventual disposition         Nickname
IH Scout 800A (turbo!)  1966     Death by rot and             Der Rot Baron
                                 mechanical failure by
                                 over 20 folks learning
                                 to drive!

Pontiac Tempest Custom  1966     FIRE. Someone else torched    Honey
                                 it. I still miss it.

Olds Cutlass C          1969     Sold for $150                 El Toilet

Pontiac Tempest C Conv. 1966     KILLED by a DRUNK. Owned for
                                 _4 hours_. No, I'm not the
                                drunk that killed it.

Pontiac LeMans          1970     Sold for $500 to a friend     No name
                                 ...never heard from him
                                 again!

Chevy Nova              1970     Death by complete electrical  $#!^
                                 failure. Battery shorted to
                                 inner fender in a power slide
                                 on an exit ramp. No flames,
                                 but car was seriously DEAD.

VW Beetles              1972/73  72 death by rot, 73 - impaled  Herbie 1&2
                                 by a '68 Impala, but sold to
                                 a cousin. I never hear from
                                 cousin anymore!

VW Golf                 1985     Traded... too bad. I wanted    BlueBoy
                                 to make it a racer.

Saturn SL2              1994     Still own. Want to make into   Name Wanted
                                 a racer

Triumph TR6             1974/89  Still own. May be reman. again CarMine
                                 in the next year or two. Was
                                 my Dad's car.

Triumph TR6             1973     Was a PI RHD car. Now a        Khartu
                                 "real race car" autoXr.

Triumph TR6             1969     CC27777. Picked over parts
                                 donor. Might cut up.

Triumph TR6             1972     PARTS CAR. Might donate to
                                 CarMine if I decide to make
                                 the ultimate FSP car. Hi
                                 Mark.

Hmmm, GM wins over Triumph. I'd better get some more Triumphs! VW is
close too. What's up with that???

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |