Changing the TR6 Coolant

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing the TR6 Coolant
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:56:08 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
Being a new owner, I don't know when the coolant was last changed, so I
guess it's time.  Bentley says to remove the drain plug from the block,
etc. and when finished, check the system pressure according to the rating
on the radiator cap.  This is probably one of those stupid questions, but
would just any old replacement radiator cap have the correct pressure
marked on it?  Mine is a "Stant" brand.  It may or may not be original, and
it says 15lbs.

One nasty thing: I can't see how to get the plug out of the block.  This is
necessary, right?  There's not enough room for my socket wrench, and if
there were, not enough room for my hand to apply leverage.  . . .So I may
be off to the Radiator shop to have it done---less messy that way,
anyhow---but I don't know if I trust these guys to be kind and gentle with
my car!  Any caveats regarding radiator shops and their methods?

Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com