Re: Stainless brake caliper pistons

To: Chris.Bullock@vtxix.slg.eds.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stainless brake caliper pistons
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:02:58 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 11:15:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
erik@midwestfilter.com writes:

<< The Roadster Factory sells them.

So does Moss. Prices vary depending on whether you have the earlier
standard thrd or later metric thrd calipers - later is a little more
expensive.
OR Apple hydraulics will rebuild the caliper with stainless steel pistons
for $95 per or WhitePost will rebuild for $80 per - WhitePost didn't say if
they use Stainless pistons or not.
All the above applys for TR6 - I happen to know this because I'm sorting
brakes and susp. for my 73 TR6 rebuild - haven't decided which way to
go yet for the calipers.....advice and experience from the list would be
welcome.
Cheers
Jack Mc