RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spin on oil filter adaptor
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:25:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I think the problem originates from the outer groove not being of
standardized depth.  With the canister it's not critical since the canister
will keep going till it mates and the inner seal is spring loaded.  With the
adapter both have to fit right.  Another (more difficult) solution is to
machine down the inner face till both match right.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK