TR6 Timing

Subject: TR6 Timing
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:10:00 -0400
Dear lister's

    I have problem setting my TR6 to work properly.. I think that my
problem is the timing that I dont do correctly.. When cold the car skip
a lot and when hot, the idle is not to bad but in firts gear when I
release the clutch I have no power until 2000 RPM. I have to put it full
trottle until it reach 2000. When the 2000 is reached, the power output
seem to be normal. Here how I have set it with my timing light.

(----  crank rotation
    4 deg ATCD.                          -4btc----0-----4atcd-

|        *set at idle with vacum retard disconnected.

Is it the way that it should be set??  Also, when i connect back the
vacum retard, the timing show's to be far more after the 4 ATCD like 12
ATCD is it normal...

P.S. I have installed a Pertronix ignitor....

Jonathan Beaudoin
76' TR6