Re: Storms - of various types and durations

To: bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Storms - of various types and durations
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:31:27 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-23 03:38:19 EDT, bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil writes:

<< these cars (my spitfire)
 were made to be driven, not coddled.  Prior to driving in the rally I
 was hesitant about doing anything in my spitfire, not because I was
 pampering it but because I was "afraid" of it breaking down.  However,
 after roaring (well, ok putting along is more like it) through the back
 roads around Portland with Henry yelling encouragement I finally
 realized that if I didn't drive the car I might as well get rid of it.
 Guess what, I elected to drive it. I can't think of the last time I
 enjoyed myself so much while driving a car (parked cars however are a
 different matter!).   >>

Brad,

Well said - I believe this captures why we are all involved in this passion
with our LBCs.....sure, we can shine up the family Honda or Taurus and take
it for a drive and get from point A to point B.....but only we know it's not
the same adventure....I like this list a lot....whether it's seemingly
mindless bantor or industrial strength technical sharing....it's all genuine
stuff and that's what counts.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (Fun Driver)