State of the Triumphs list

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: State of the Triumphs list
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:00:13 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, Henry Frye's observations seemed to stir up a few reactions. Even
though I'm one of the many Bio contributors (sorry, Henry) I have to say I'm
inclined towards his view. For the last few weeks I've seriously been
thinking of sending an unsubscribe message to majordomo. For a screwball
reason, I didn't - just kept hitting the delete button because the subject
line seemed to go on and on with the same issue that failed to hold my
interest. Maybe I'm too selective? Some threads look more like one line
phone calls - so why not use the phone instead? This is a pointless exercise
because in UK and many other countries we have to pay for downloads as local
calls are not free - so why pay for something which seems to hold little or
no interest?
The only thing I would say is that while those of us outside North America
*seem* to be in a minority, it would be refreshing to see many more other
threads about other Triumphs. For the last few months, it's been an
unadulterated diet of TR, Spitfire, GT6, TR, Spitfire, GT6, TR, Spitfire,
GT6 on and on and on.
That wears thin with those of us who (are fortunate(?) enough) to own and
enjoy other Triumphs that were not sold in North America - mainly because
that territory didn't want them. This does not mean those other cars were or
are unworthy of inclusion on this list. I've corresponded with quite a
number of these people and many of them either don't contribute to this list
or have left it because they are sick of seeing Triumph matters being
dominated by the aforesaid TR, Spitfire, GT6 threads. Let's face it, these
low, medium and 'high' power skateboards only formed a relatively small part
of a much larger and in many cases a far more interesting product range that
is just not given the exposure it deserves.
I'll persevere with the delete button a little longer - but my continuing
residence in the TR, Spitfire, GT6 enclave looks as though it might be on a
pretty short time fuse.

John Mac