Re: VTR vs. TRF Summer Party

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: VTR vs. TRF Summer Party
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:45:11 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Joe Merone wrote:

> While it's still fresh in everyone's mind I'd like to
> ask those of you who went to BOTH this year's VTR and
> TRF Summer Party to share your thoughts on both
> events with the list.
>
> How do they compare?  Driving events, show,
> accomodations, events for spouses, etc?
>
> Might be a good string to follow and remember when
> choosing what show to go to in the future.

A nice idea in some ways, Joe. However, I personally think it is difficult
enough to honesty and fairly compare one VTR Annual Convention with
another, let alone try to compare a VTR Annual (or Regional, for that
matter) Convention or indeed any other single-marque-club event with an
all-British "Party" such as the TRF event.

I'm not just defending VTR here (although I suspect I might have that
right). I just don't think it's necessarily fair to us or to Charles
Runyan and Co. to compare two so very different types of events. ;-)

--Andy

p.s. I've yet to attend a TRF Summer Party, but I've also yet to hear
anything bad about one!