Re: posting w/pictures

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: posting w/pictures
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:57:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Jim wrote:

> I have sent a note to the group with a picture attached so I could get
> clarification on something.
> I have not seen the note show up yet.
> Is there a problem with attaching pics?  I realize that it takes longer
> and don't make a habit of it.
> Just curious.

To save bandwidth the list is set to reject anything with a binary MIME
attachment (I think) - also, any messages larger than a given size (40,000
bytes?) will also not fit through the majordomo strainer.

The best thing to do when sharing pictures is to post it on the web
somewhere and give the URL to the group.

People like myself who use a text-based email reader (PINE!) can't see
pictures anyway.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm