RE: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 21:38:11 -0500

George Richardson wrote:

> Many cars with an electric pump, including the Stag, have an inertial
cutoff
> switch. Why not see if you can purchase one of these? If you run the pump
> through the oil pressure switch, the car won't start until you've been
> cranking the engine a bit.

Hmmm . . . I never thought of using the oil pressure switch in this way
before, but there's something to be said for cranking the engine until you
have oil pressure before it fires up. I've got separate ignition and starter
switches on my TR6 for just this purpose - I can crank the engine until I
see oil pressure and then turn the ignition switch on.

Not for everyone, but in theory it reduces the wear caused by running the
engine with no oil pressure at startup.

Jim Hill
SpyderWeb Racing
Madison WI