99 VTR

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 99 VTR
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@YadTel.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:26:37 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Well folks another year has passed and a great time was had by all at the
VTR annual convention.  My wife and I had a great time at the events and
eating too much along with many others.  There was little left to be
desired at this years event. The New England Triumphs group did a great job.

I got my adrenaline pumped up at the autocross with the TR8.  It stuck like
glue with the new autocross tires I put on the front.

We enjoyed the event but there was something missing this year.  Bill Wood
wasn't there for me to compete with in the autocross or join he and Mary at
dinners and the awards banquet.  Mary was there but it just wasn't complete
without him.  He was extremely serious about his cars but he was also a
real person that was always there if you needed him.  I really miss him.

Linda and I were awarded the Dennis Riley/Bill Wood "TR8 Challenge Award"
this year.  Bill had won it since it's inception three years ago.  Bill's
name was added to it this year after his tragic death.  Bill was Mr.
Triumph it there was ever one.  I think this was one of the first times in
my life that I was speachless.  I'm never at a loss for words but I was so
choked up that I couldn't talk.  It was a very emotional event for me and
my wife Linda saved the day and spoke for us.  I'll cherish the plaque and
memories of Bill as long as I live.  It was a great honor for me.  Bill was
a great guy.  Thank you for the great memory folks.

See you folks at the 99 Roadster Factory Summer Party!

Joe Worsley
80 Tr8
72 TR6
Advance, NC