what bugs me about $7500 tr3

Subject: what bugs me about $7500 tr3
From: bob simmons <bsimmons@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 12:09:54 +0100
I certainly don't plan on selling the vehicle, or plan on making any
kind of investment, or money down the road.  My plans are to keep it in
very good condition after the resto.  The thing that gets me is that I
could go out and buy this vehicle, and be driving it now, and keep it in
very good condition, for the cost of fixing up my current tr3.  I know I
like the style, and uniqueness of the vehicle.  But driving it is still
a minimum of two to three years away, (if I am lucky).

I guess there is no point in my whining except that $7500 OBO concerns
me in the fact that this is another guy like me.  Why is he selling?
Lost interest?  Did that - been there?

I may as well ask an important question at this point- I am not really
goint for concours.  I would add seatbelts, and other safety gear.  Hide
it away as much as possible, and keep it as close to original as can.
In regards to painting the frame and components of it- what colors are
OK?  Black?  I am going with the pearl white with red interior.  Would
red be OK for the rear brake drums, and front suspension components that
are visible?  Or would this be tacky, silly, etc.  I know, do what I
like, etc.  More opinions please.

thanks
Bob
57 tr3