Re: TR3 brake hoses

To: "Paul & Cheryl" <casmith@abs.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 brake hoses
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 99 07:02:33 -0700

>I am having my '58 TR3 worked on at British Amerian Motors in
>Columbia, MD. They are having a hard time finding some of the parts they
>need. The big item is the brake hoses. They cannot find a source for
>them. They also need new wiring harnesses for the front lights.
>
>  The car was a real basket case when I took it to them, but they a
>making good progress. Our worry is that the old hoses will not last very
>long before they fail.
>
>  If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Both the Roadster Factory and Moss motors carry these things.  I don't
understand why you are having problems sourcing them.  If both companies
are out of stock, try British Pacific & ask for Marty (Of Southern Calif
TR fame).  British Pacific is a Land Rover parts house.  I believe the
front headlamp sub harnesses for the series LR is the same as offered for
the TR3.  The LR takes two sizes of flex hoses and one will probably
match up with the front for ther TR3 as far as length.  The fittings
should be the same.  British Pacific also carries a stock of Lucase
striped wires, bulllet fittings and new barrel connectors.  800-554-4133

>Paul Smith
>58 TR3

TeriAnn

                        overlander.net
  Helps you find:
       Parts & service for your Land Rover and Ranger Rover
            vehicle related expedition equipment
events, books, reviews, special hard to find products and more!