voice auto computers (little lbc content)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: voice auto computers (little lbc content)
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:49:58 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "ken gano effingam" <kengano@mcleodusa.net>
In about 1985 or '86 I had a small pickup truck with an after market "voice
computer."  As I recall it was made by Sun Instruments.  (The same folks who
use to make tachometers.)  It had about a dozen sensors and would announce
such things as the time of the day, speed, oil pressure low, water temp high
and the like.  I seem to recall it also had air temperature alarms.  It was
a pretty (read sexy) female voice.

It was purchased from J. C. Whitney, back when they still offered a huge
range of junk.  (Has anyone looked at their catalog lately.  It probably has
one tenth the merchandise they use to carry.)

Does anyone know what became of Sun or where a fellow might find one of
these new-old stock?  Would the plans to build one be beyond the home
hobbyist?

I know it heresy, if I could find one I just might mount it in the TR3.
What to H***?, nothing else is stock anyway (there, I knew I could work in
some LBC content.)

TIA

Ken Gano