Re: Fw: 72 TR6 Windscreen Washer Switch

To: Russell Messersmith <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 72 TR6 Windscreen Washer Switch
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Russell Messersmith wrote:

> Sorry I sent the wrong message this is the one that i have received no
> answer on so if any one can help please reply.----------

You might want to try again after the VTR convention...

> > My windscreen washer switch (clear Hooters) has the letters wore off the
> > togle.  Does any one know where I can get a good used switch letters in
> > tact or how to put the letter back on this switch?  Thanks in advance for
> > your replies.

Try an engraving shop, or a place the can do trophies, they may be able to
put the switch in a machine that will cut the letters in it, then you
could fill it with white compound (epoxy resin with pigment comes to mind)

You can also get vinyl transfer letters that you rub on and peel away the
protective backing.

I haven't tried either of these solutions, they're just suggestions.
YMMV.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm