RE: Triumphs vs. MGs...whatsa scoop?

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Triumphs vs. MGs...whatsa scoop?
From: "Mark S. Durkee" <tr3a@itis.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:18:56 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
My neighbors moved here from England about a year ago.  The wife was
feeling a little homesick so I invited her and told here I had something to
show her so she wouldn't be so homesick (my 58 TR3A).  Upon seeing it she
said "Oh! an MG!"

Mark D.
58 TR3A

On Monday, July 26, 1999 10:47 AM, Randall
[SMTP:randallyoung@earthlink.net] wrote:

> Mark :
>
> Your thoughtful piece brought an old question to mind :
> When you are driving the MGA, does anyone ever ask you "Is that a
> Triumph" ? <g>
>
> Randall
> 59 TR3A
>
> MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com wrote:
> >
> > Ken
> > I won't try to speak for others. I love the Triumphs. Someday, budgets
and
> > kids permitting I'll get my TR3, and GT6. (My son wants a
spit.)Meanwhile
> > I'll work on the one model I really love. TR250s. But I must admit, I
do own
> > an MG too. A 1958 MGA... made back when they had real frames and a
classic
> > roadster body style. Its not fast or powerful, but it is fun to drive
(big
> > criteria) and IMHO a beautiful car to look at. I don't like the MGBs or
> > others that followed. Even if they put V8s in. I think they are too
> > ubiquitous.
> >
> > Both Marques are subject to rust, but I think that with the Triumphs,
with a
> > separate frame, someone like me can have a reasonable chance of
restoring a
> > car.
> >
> > But, like everything else, we have our own preferences for any one of a
> > number of different reasons. If you're looking for power you can find
all
> > kinds of ways to put more ponys to the wheels. Regardless of what kind
of
> > car you do it to. If you're looking for something fun and unique,
something
> > that will turn heads, something your kids want you to will to them
> > (yeah....like that's going to happen) you can't go wrong with a
Triumph. And