RE: fuel and brake pipes

To: "'Sandy Levine'" <slevine@toucan.com>
Subject: RE: fuel and brake pipes
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:32:41 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Sandy,

I use anti-seize compound on all of these types of things. You have
different types of metal getting screwed together and that will make sure
they can come apart nicely some day. I've been warned not to use teflon tape
for the brake lines, the reasoning being that a piece could break off and
get lodged somewhere causing a failure. I can't say whether this is just
paranoia or not. I don't worry about whether or not the threads get tight
enough, what matters is that the end of the line seats nicely to prevent any
leaking. I think the anti seize stuff helps in keeping the threads in good
enough condition to make that all work.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire