RE: Speedometer Overhaul

To: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: Speedometer Overhaul
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:35:04 -0400
Yes, my immediate re-failure of the angle drive reinforced my attempts
to "think outside the box".  Just because the angle drive had poor lubrication,
and it was not a big surprise that it failed, all the elements down the line
MUST be checked just to be sure that the angle drive did not fail due to
something else seizing....  Like the speedometer.  My mechanic has had
2 others do the same thing in the months following me.  He had rarely seen it
before.  I guess the speedometer lubrication is getting to the point where
failures will be coming more regularly.  Even so, mechanical is better than
electronic as far as maintenance and repair goes.  Where will our expensive,
modern
all-electronic cars be in 35 years?  Immobile and in the dumpster is where!

Tony
Message text written by "Andy Dixon"
>Same here,
When I took my '6 to Germany, I spent an awful lot of time on the road. Not
to beat the TR, I had a Sierra that I flogged at 120+ mph everywhere I went.
Ordered the angle drive from TRF, popped it in, took her for a test drive,
50 ft later - toasted angle drive.
Andy D
<