Weber Setups

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Setups
From: SpeedSites@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:13:09 EDT
Fellow Listers-

I am looking at a '75 TR6 to purchase. Before I do, I would appreciate any
input regarding this year. I am more familiar with the earlier ones than this
vintage. I know about increased  bumper height and rubber "titties" (pardon
me- I always hated thsoe things!). It is a California car (good for rust, bad
for smog!).Specifically-

1) How much will it run to restore car to approximate pre-74 ride height (is
it srpinging only?)

2) What is the deal with the air pump and etc (as I said, it's a California
car)?

3) What are chances of clearing emissions if I install a Weber carb setup to
try to increase that raging 100-or-so ponies from the six?

Any other thoughts appreciated. Also open to other TR6's or 4's in the
general area if CLEAN.

Mucho regardos-

Rod Pyle
57 Austin healey in Boxes