TR6 Rear End Instability

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Rear End Instability
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:51:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Okay, I'll admit that when I have the chance to (and the conditions are
right) that I drive my TR6 hard... really hard.

Today I attempted a 90degree turn into my driveway at about 30mph, really
tight turn I took.  Lost the rear end for a moment in the turn.  This also
happened in my small accident, but that was coupled with no throttle
response and then a tremendous surge in throttle response (carbs wearing
out, fuel filter, and an Italian fuel pump... yes I have to fix them all).

Are there any products to fix this?  Rear sway bar?  Anti Tramp bars?  I'm
already running grippy tires on the car - 205/60s.

Thanks,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Only 1974 Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College