Re: Pos earth

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, lherault@bu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pos earth
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:56:33 EDT
In a message dated 99-07-14 19:21:26 EDT, ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

<< The early automakers grounded the positive side because they thought that
the
 gounded side needed a greater "potential" (meaning more potential charge to
 them) hence that was available from the "earth" (or body in the case of
 cars).  Think about it - "It's all very logical, Cap'un."

 BTW I've been sitting here for several days biting my tongue -- we had a
 thread on this about 2 years ago and beat it to death then.  Cheers. >>

Art,

I think your explanation may be the most supportable so far....it works from
an "electrical" perspective!  Just curious, since I wasn't on the list 2
years ago when the question was raised, what was the conclusion?

Thanks,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit MkIII  FDU78512L (Decent Driver)