Re: tool ...and Engagement rings!!!

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: tool ...and Engagement rings!!!
From: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:31:33 -0400
Cc: Fergie <fergie@ntplx.net>, Ken Gano <kengano@mcleodusa.net>, Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Curry wrote:

> Michael,
> Mine was a Waffle Iron!  A bit more exotic than a rolling pin but
> equally as lethal!
>
> Joe
>
> Fergie wrote:
> >
> > Been married for 29 years. Our first Christmas, among LOTS of other things,
>I gave
> > her a rolling pin. 8^) A very nice rolling pin, as rolling pins go, but a
>rolling
> > pin nevertheless. I can't even begin to recall the number of times in our
>29 years
> > I've heard about that gift!
> >
> > Fred...DO NOT BUY YOUR WIFE A ROLLING PIN!!!
> >
> > Gary Ganoung wrote:

In 1974 my then girlfriend and I decided we would become engaged.  I was
able to withstand much coercion on her part (and her mother's part) when
I delayed the purchase of the diamond for 6 months..until my last
payment on my TR6 (still own it) was made.  This same girl has been my
wife for almost 25 years and this has been a topic of discussion at
every Christmas dinner since 1975.