Re: Plug wires

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plug wires
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:15:43 -0500
At 07:48 AM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Really?  I would never have suspected that; especially since the
>plugs and distributor are on the opposite side of the engine from
>the fuel system.  What's different about the PI car that changes
>spark plug wire length?  (I'm not doubting you, just genuinely
>curious as I've never examined a PI in that detail.)

On a PI TR-6 fuel injection metering unit sits between the block and the
distributor, which
raises the distributor two or three inches, thus increasing the distance from
the
plugs to the distributor cap. It doesn't seem like much but Magnecor U.S. cut
the wires to
EXACTLY the right length for a carb car. After I explained the problem they
called their U.K.
distributor to get the correct measurements for a PI car, sent me the correct
set, and updated their
database.

Cheers,

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com