Re Pertronix dwell

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re Pertronix dwell
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:38:45 -0500

Dave,

I am not sure but, I was under the impression that dwell measured the
length of
time (measured in degrees of arc) that the points were open.  This is at
least
partly dependent on the gap of the points.

Since electronic ignitions don't have points that open and close the
dwell
measurement is not used.  I looked in some of my car manuals - the ones
that had
electronic ignition didn't give a spec.  The ones using points all gave
a spec.

I would try to get the richness tamed and check out the coil.

Good Luck.

Roger Elliott