Another Stolen Vitesse!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Stolen Vitesse!
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:58:29 EDT
I have unfortunately, heard of the following stolen Vitesse:
(info' supplied by Dick Plumridge of the Triumph Sports Six Club,UK.)

I appreciate that this info' is only of use to British listers,
but here goes anyhow:

Stolen Vitesse; registration/licence no. XRR 952H

Stolen in early June 99, this Valencia Blue Mk.2 Convertible has been owned
by John Fitchford from Stafford, England from new (1970).
Who knows what the thieves will do with the car ? -but I just feel we've all
got to do anything we can to fight thefts like this.
Please keep this theft in mind if you see a Valencia Blue Mk.2 Convertible on
the road, or parked-up, or bits for sale.
It is a very distinctive car, with a lot of accessories, all fitted from new.

XRR 952H, Valencia Blue, (ie:turquoise-like), Mk.2 Convertible
Black interior and hood (soft-top)
When stolen it had two prominent circular spotlamps fitted on grille.
Bonnet has original (racing bullet style) wing/fender mirrors., and bonnet
locks.
Headlamp surrounds are the early slatted-type.
Wiper arms are the later wide-spaced type,(as fitted from mid-1969)
Number-plates themselves are distinctive-early style seperate letters on
black background.
Rear deck has aerials mounted through both the offside and nearside - unusual
Witter Tow-bar is fitted -cut through the rear valance/skirt panel.
Car has rear mud-flaps
Original Stanpart radio surround fitted below dashboard,with ribbed alloy
fascia- rare
Fitted below the LHS of the dash, were oil pressure gauge and ammeter.
There is a Servo fitted from new - presumably a Girling Powerstop unit.
Commission no. (on a plate on left-hand-side of the bulkhead) HC 54962 CVO
Body no. (a small tag-like plate on bulkhead right-hand-side) 51401 HCC

John's number in Stratford, England is 01789-731357.
Please keep a look out - we are John's best possible eyes for spotting the
car and twigging all these odd distinctive features. Thanks!

Léon F Guyot
obo: Dick Plumridge (net-unable)
and John Fitchford