re: Just took another look was TR3B Whats it worth?

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Just took another look was TR3B Whats it worth?
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:44:28 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:13:50 EDT
>From: KHOCO@aol.com
>Subject: Just took another look was TR3B Whats it worth?

>Listers
>          I took another look at the TR3B. Not bad at all. The car was
>restored six years ago, and the engine rebuilt almost two years ago. I was
>hardpressed to find any rust anywhere. I finally found a small spot under
the
>brake master cylinder. The car appears to be in very good conditition
>throughout. HOWEVER the commission number is wrong for a TR3B. The number
is
>TS 73737L which would make it a mid 1960 TR3A not a late 1962 TR3B. The
shop
>owner did the rebuild on the engine and told me it does have the larger
>engine. I suspect this is an upgraded car like andy mentioned. Does this
>change the value of the car?
                                                                Thanks to
all

>Ken Copeland
>70GT6+ KC78784

Yes, it changes the value significantly in my opinion. Part of the TR3B's
appeal to a collector is its scarcity which greatly impacts price. The
"upgrades" like the trans and engine are just a nice bonus (they can be
added to any TR3)...the real value of the TR3B is its uniqueness. Now, "how
much" is the question that is hard to answer and will stir some debate. If
you were really specifically wanting a TR3B (a real one), I'd move on and
keep patiently searching (recognizing that it may be a long wait for the
right one and it may cost quite a bit). If that (being an authentic 3B) is
not a critical criteria for you, then this may be a great car for you. Good
luck.
Regards, Greg Hutmacher