Re: TR3 innr sills

To: Ron Kilgour <Ron_Kilgour@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3 innr sills
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:33:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Ron Kilgour wrote:

>       My neighbor is able to make inner sills for TR3's.  He's made one set
> so far and he finds the price to be significant less than the price one
> would have to pay at any of the big '3'.  Question:  Is there a market
> for this stuff?  He's thinking of expanding his hobby into a fun part
> time job.  Any feed back would be appreciated.

How is he making them?  With a press, or by welding the metal together?
Or with a brake / wheel / shear / skill?

I think the best thing to do is start by making the metal pieces that are
made of unobtainium... not sure if there are many like that in the TR3
body, but I beleive that the TR4 battery pan is no longer available, and
lots of TR4 (thru TR6) are in dire need of battery pan / firewall stuff-
leaking batteries mean bad news for sheet metal!

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm