Re: Any Problems With Carb Cleaner

To: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Any Problems With Carb Cleaner
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:47:52 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark :

There are different kinds of 'carb cleaner' available.  Anything that
contains methylene cloride will damage rubber, plastic and paint (not to
mention skin).  (Methylene cloride is the active ingredient in most
paint removers.)

I believe Gumout brand does not contain it, but check the can.  At least
in the US, anything that contains methylene chloride must say so (it's
also fairly poisonous, considered a 'hazardous substance').

Randall