Re: TR6 Brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:05:06 -0700
Marty wrote:
>I'm having some trouble with the brakes on my 1974 TR6. In my opinion,
>the car is not stopping quickly enough. No matter how hard I press on
>the brake pedal I can't lock up either the front or rear wheels. Car
>stops straight and the brake pedal (in my opinion) is firm.

Have you tried getting the brakes "warmed up" a bit?  I dunno if you're
using semi-metallic pads, but if you are you should be aware that they
don't work as well cold as they do when they get a bit hot.  Don't over-do
it, though!!  Also, if they are brand new pads, they will not work at
maximum capacity until they are bedded in a little.  You might give it a
few more miles before you start tearing things apart.

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6