Re: TR4 Oil Pressure Gauge jumping - SOLVED

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Oil Pressure Gauge jumping - SOLVED
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:36:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Henry,

I swapped out the Tecalamite oil filter housing and substituted in the
"cleaned up" spare Puralator unit and the problem went away.

The behavior is still a little odd but I don't know what's normal.

I can actually hear the valve open and close and there is point when the
oil is full hot that a variable buzzing sound can be heard if you listen
closely.  The noise occurs when the valve starts to function and when it is
in full "on".  It is a very small band of RPM and the needle fluctuations
are minor.

BTW, in swapping the new spin-on oil filter adapter from one housing to the
other I revisited the instructions and used a different o-ring seal between
the housing and spin-on adapter.  This solved my oil leak that I had fully
restored during the rebuild.

Thanks for all the hand holding and advice.   I copied the list so they can
share in the outcome.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site