Re: Stag RPMs question / First "long" trip in the Stag

To: "Lawrence G Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>, <stag@digest.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stag RPMs question / First "long" trip in the Stag
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:57:28 +1200charset="iso-8859-1"
Larry

As already noted, the readings you get are normal...

It was mentioned that a BMW rear end can be fitted, but what about a ratio
swap using the diff from a Triumph 2500. These use a 3.45 diff, vs. the 3.7
diff fitted to a Stag - a small but worthwhile gain. This has been done on
my car by a PO.

Also, an interesting conversion I have seen done here in New Zealand, where
an owner has had a 4 speed O/D auto from a Nissan Skyline fitted. The top
gear, being an overdrive reduces revs markedly and therefore increases
economy etc. The Nissan gearbox was chosen as it as has very few electronics
to worry about and fits easily within the transmission tunnel. All that was
added was a switch on the console to lock out the O/D ratio and two
microswitches at the carburettors for the kickdown.

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D

Email: Home: greed@wave.co.nz