Feedback on tops

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Feedback on tops
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:44:06 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all...I wanted to respond to the question posted recently about a Stag
top, specifically Caribou tops.  I was the one a couple of weeks back asking
about cloth tops.  My only caution to you is to talk to a few shops that do
installation [of course finding out if they have done many Triumph tops]
about providing the top yourself rather than having them order it.  None of
the shops I talked to would give any warranty if the top wasn't a Robbins.
Some refused to install any top at all that I provided.  I did get one shop
to match the Victoria British price on the Robbins top, which would save
about $125.  I called Caribou myself, and not to bash anyone, but the guy I
talked to was less than wonderful on the phone.  He was rather terse, and
when I asked him if the windows were Ultra Shield, he was ultra snotty and
told me anyone could call their windows any fancy name they wanted.  From
the list and from several shops, the opinion was that Ultra Shield makes a
world of difference.  Just something else to consider when you are making
your decision.  I figure someone can possibly benefit from a topic that I
was obsessing over.  Good luck!

Kim Alford
71 TR6