Re: no Triumphs in the UK?

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no Triumphs in the UK?
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 16:12:01 +0100
Like Reg I have been to Holland recently (got back yesterday) - I kept a
log of the cars that I saw  -  three MGBs (two parked one on the road),
one MGA (actually being driven), several Fiat & Alfa Romeo 1960's sports
cars, a TVR, a soft top Morris Minor (in the Hague) and lastly a single
black TR6 in an underground car park in the Hague.   Classic pedal
cycles I saw by the thousand, canals by the hundred, but no other LBCs
or anything like them !   I was only there Thursday to Sunday but I
would have expected to see more as the weather was ideal - especially
for soft top cars (Mazdas and BMWs were the commonest modern soft tops
that I saw)

I wouldn't like to drive in Holland though - those pedal cycles are
terrifying.
The amusing thing was that in Holland they are much more easy going than
other countries. Where else would you see the Red light district being
advertised as a tourist attraction, alng with TWO 'sex' museums, a
Cannabis museum  and 'do it yourself' growing kits for cannabis openly
on sale in the flower market !!
Unfortunatley the museums were closed when I had finished my main tour
of Amsterdam and I missed the red light district - still it IS on the
Amsterdam Web site though......
-
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)
1963  TR4   AFP 503A (UK) / IZS 733(USA) - CT27216-L (now not L but O )
1954  TR2   46 BHX                         TS554-O   UK Car in pieces
1989  Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GLI   - Eurobox  but it goes !
Internet b.johnson@lycosmail.com
Website http://websites.diamond.co.uk/~b.johnson/index.htm

-