Stromberg carb leaking

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stromberg carb leaking
From: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:28:25 -0400
My 74 TR6 with 175's has been leaking fuel from the rear of the carb in the
area of the choke and shaft for the choke butterfly valve.  The leak seems to
happen several days after I have driven the car.  My understanding is that
there should be no fuel pressure and the only gas would be the gas left in the
bowl after the engine stops.  The last time I noticed this, the choke had been
left on.  Would this cause the fuel to leak out, or is there something wrong
with the carb.  I am also wondering what the exact model of this carb is.  The
casting has 175 D2 in the top.  Is this the exact model, or is the model number
located somewhere else?  Thanks for any help.

Jay
74 TR6