RE: Slow TR3A clutch,.... how about no clutch

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slow TR3A clutch,.... how about no clutch
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:44:41 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>> Automatic?  Tell me about it... I find myself doing this in all my cars!
>>
>Same here, except for the ones with automatic transmissions.  Then I
>find myself groping for the gear shift at stop lights <g>

Yeah, like the time I was driving the family, AUTOMATIC transmissioned, 1972
Olds Delta 88 Royal.  Got to the toll booth, realized I hadn't put clutch
in.  Down went my left foot.  It just caught the left edge of the hugely
wide power brake pedal, seemingly putting that huge Olds up on it's front
bumper.  Mom and Dad both asked me (then a teenager) what was wrong.  I
replied, "Nothing,....I was just putting the errr...clutch in?"

I guess it's just like trying to shift into fifth gear on the '3 or sixth
gear on my Saab....  <smile>

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando