Re: TR 6 steering column

To: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: Re: TR 6 steering column
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:12:46 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Frank,
If the TR6 column is in 2 pieces like the Spit, it probably uses the
same method for correcting the problem.  As I see it, you have to remove
the connection of the joint to the rack and realign it so that the cam
on the end of the shaft is exactly centered between the cancel arms on
the switch.  This is difficult to do unless you are absolutely sure the
wheels are perfectly straight when you reinstall the coupler joint.
Additionally, you will probably have to remove and replace the steering
wheel to make it straight again.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--