RE - Roll bar mounting

To: "TR-Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: RE - Roll bar mounting
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:24:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Or - if there isn't enough clearance for something to go all the way
>across, I thought about a triangular shaped support. How are racing type
>bars anchored to the frame?

Carl,

My car HAD a frame mounted double hoop roll bar which was removed before I
bought it.  The roll bar hoops had passed through the occasional seat shelf
and were welded to the top of the frame rail.  The rail still has the
remnants of the dual hoops.  The rearward one was almost the width of the
rail, the forward one was about 3/4 the width of the rail.

If you need me to get some measurements let me know and I can try to find
some time to put her up in the air and pull a wheel.

Later,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando