Re: electrical parts needed TR3

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: electrical parts needed TR3
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Gano, Ken wrote:

> Moss lists a part number but no corresponding price.  VB list two and I
> can't tell which one I need.  I have extra holder like are use for the dash
> lamps, but I don't think they will work as there is no ground easily
> available on the ignition or turn lamps.  Suggestions also appreciated.

I haven't got any spare TR3 parts, but you can probably wire up the
current bulb holders, even as a stop-gap fix.

If you need a ground point on the car, the speedo and tach bodies should
be grounded.  Run a ring terminal to one of the thumbwheel posts to the
body.

If you need a ground point for the bulb (ie, the outer shell must be
grounded, place some tin foil or brass shim stock with the appropriate
sized hole on the back of the dash before installing the bulb holder.  The
shim stock will act like the 'body' ground, and you can run a wire from it
to the car body somewhere.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm