Re: Recommendations for floor jack to use with TR6

To: JackR@shriverco.com
Subject: Re: Recommendations for floor jack to use with TR6
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 06:37:08 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/24/99 8:45:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JackR@shriverco.com writes:

<< Any recommendations on brands, where best to buy, how much?  Any advice
 on lift points?  Can l lift both wheels on one side of the car by using
 a point at the center of the car? >>

Jack
Make sure you get one that will fit under the car's frame. Many floor jacks
don't go low enough to fit under the cat to jack it up. I have a floor jack
from Harbor Frt. that goes down to 5" and it just fits under my cars.
You can lift the entire front using the frame crossmember in front of the
engine and the rear using the diff.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B