Just bought a Spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Just bought a Spitfire
From: Cometman <cometman_98@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:15:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Just bought a 1975 Spitfire for $1195.00.  It's running, but in the
shop for a couple of U-joints, some other stuff.  The previous owner
had it painted black which I guess is not the usual thing for this car.
It's really pretty though.  Someday I would like to see it in its
original yellow.

The mechanic says & the other posts on this list say that these are
good running cars.  Is it reasonable to think I could make this my main
vehicle (I probably drive about 100 miles a week)?

Also, are they supposed to be loud or quiet?

I used to have an English motorcycle -- a Norton -- and I never
developed enough skill as a mechanic to keep it on the road myself.  Is
the Spitfire a different experience?

BTW I can't get over how nice this car looks.  The only car I've seen
nicer is the 1969 Spitfire in the mechanic's shop that he's just
finished restoring for somebody.  Wow!

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mike Bailey